March 16, 2014

Bacon Pesto Mac and Cheese.

Word on the street is Martha Stewart has the best mac and cheese recipe out there.  Now, I've tried that recipe and it's pretty darn good!  But if Martha wins the traditional mac and cheese award, this recipe wins the most unique mac and cheese award.  I'm always on a search for new and easy recipes that will leave leftovers for another night's dinner or weekday lunches.  My girlfriend recommended Picky Palate for healthy recipes, and since then it's been one of my favorites.

See her recipe here.
Of course I used gluten free noodles - my favorite brand from Trader Joe's - the brown rice penne noodles.  I also don't use quite as much bacon.  The first time I tried the recipe I went out and bought cow's milk, but generally the hubby drinks almond milk and I don't drink any at all, so this time I used what we had - unsweetened almond breeze - and it worked great!

A few simple ingredients!

It came together in a couple of steps.

And voila!

What are your favorite blogs for healthy and easy recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment