February 16, 2014

Wish List.

I've mentioned before how close we live to Ikea.  It's dangerous, really!  But also so fortunate, because there are so many things where one will find equal quality at Ikea to Home Depot, Lowe's, Cost Plus, Target, etc. and Ikea is almost always the cheapest.

This is why I'm such a huge fan of Ikea for furniture and decor.  We just bought our first house, but it's by no means our dream house.  We'll probably have to trade up a couple more times, at least, before we get there.  Here's hoping trading up also includes more space!  Considering the changes we're bound to encounter I just don't think it makes sense to invest in lifetime pieces - at least not all at once.  When you buy Ikea pieces, they hold up (at least in my experience) and you don't feel so bad when your taste changes or you want something different for a different space.

So here's my wish list for our current space:

Loving these glass lamps, with neutral shades. It also comes in white, tan or a pale pink.

I have seriously been drooling over this corduroy arm chair!

I am a Ribba convert. This is a gallery frame for $20! You can't beat the price, unless you have an Ikea Family Card, which often brings the price down to $15. Seriously the best.

Since I moved out for college I've been buying Hemnes pieces. At some point I'm going to be able to fill every room with them!

More hemnes. How (shabby) chic are these?

Ok, maybe Ikea isn't the best place for plants. But they seriously have everything!


Where are your favorite places to shop?  And what's on your wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment