February 4, 2014

Retreat.

I was looking at my last post about projects we have planned for our house in the coming year and realized that there is one space I completely left off the list. And this always happens! My husband and I have lived in three homes together and we just never get to designing the master bedroom. It's always the last space we think about because it's the one few guests see. Well that just won't do this time! That space should feel like a retreat and shouldn't be ignored just because we're the only ones who lay eyes on it.

There are a couple of legitimate hurdles, though.  First, our bedrooms are extremely COLD!  I've mentioned before that we were bummed to learn our house isn't insulated.  Well, we've got to fix that and we're evaluating the various methods of insulating - I'm voting for the method that involves poking holes and blowing it in versus the method where you tear down all the walls and simultaneously pull out your hair!  In any event, it might not be so smart to paint at this point.  The second issue is that some day, this room will be a nursery.  We need a dedicated office space for my self-employed husband (currently occupying the guest bedroom) and if our plans to add on pan out, we'll add on a new master bedroom and bath.


I suppose I can compromise and make some modest updates that can eventually transition into a new space for the master (i.e. furniture and decor) and hold off on projects that may be a waste of time and money (i.e. I may never get my hands on that gallon of revere pewter I so desperately want!).

Take a look at my vision board for the full picture:


master bedroom



Fabric shade / Energy star lighting / Energy star lighting / HUGO king sham / Home decor / French home accessory / Frame / Shadowbox frame / Joie word wall art / Handmade home decor / Black bedroom dresser / Black bedside table

I'm also excited to incorporate a recent (sort of) purchase.  Way back on Cyber Monday I purchased this duvet and it finally arrived today!

Calvin Klien Poppy Bedding Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment