January 23, 2014

WWPD?

I have this friend, we’ll call her P.  Her name really does start with P!  She’s my go-to for career advice, etiquette, and general ‘I don’t want to look like a fool in public, what should I do?’ advisor.  Having recognized these qualities in her, I often ask myself whilst in a word-related dilemma, "What would P do?" 

I was reading an article on Real Simple’s website about email etiquette and was struck by the last piece of advice.  “Don’t get too personal,” it says.  “Emails are for facts, not feelings.”  Ah ha!  So true.  How many times have I gotten in trouble for being just a little too real in print?  Something to keep in mind for this here blog, too!




So, the next time you’re debating that sentence to your coworker/mom/frenemy, ask yourself, "What would P do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment